Town Response to COVID-19

Click here to find up to date information related to the Town's response to COVID-19

 > Home Page > Services > Permits, Applications and Licences > Road Occupancy Permit Applications

Road Occupancy Permit Applications

“Road Occupancy Permit” Application

Where can I apply for?

Town of East Gwillimbury, Community Infrastructure and Environmental Services, 19000 Leslie St., Sharon, L0G 1V0

What is a Road Occupancy Permit?

A Road Occupancy Permit enables the Town of East Gwillimbury to ensure that all safety precautions are followed and Town infrastructure is protected where the temporary obstruction, occupation or encumbrance of part or all of a roadway is required.

How can I apply for a Road Occupancy Permit?

1. Fill out the prescribed Application for Road Occupancy

2. Submit the completed Form to  a minimum of 10 business days prior to work commencing

3. Prior to the permit application being approved, all utility and service locates must be requested through Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255.  Our Roads division will conduct a site visit to determine its condition prior to any occupancy taking place

4. The applicant will agree to and sign off on the site condition before final permit issuance.


Fees for a Road Occupancy Permits vary based on the work that is required. Please contact 905-478-4283 ext. 1242 for more information regarding fees; the applicant is responsible for the proper maintenance of the section of road occupied and will be held financially responsible for any clean-up required and/or any damage which occurs.