User Fees and Charges
Staff presented a proposal for updated and new user fees to be incorporated into a consolidated fee by-law at Special Council on May 12, 2015. On July 21, 2015, Council enacted and passed By-law 2015-078 which establishes fees or charges for various services provided by the Town of East Gwillimbury.
While most municipal services are subsidized from property taxes, the purpose of these fees is to assign the cost for the services to those who will benefit from them and to reduce the impact on the tax rate.
Hard copies of the fees and charges by-law can be obtained from the Clerks Department at 19000 Leslie Street. Please direct any questions or comments regarding the fees and charges to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the current fees and charges:
- Schedule A – Development Services
- Schedule B – Community Infrastructure and Environmental Services
- Schedule C – Community Parks, Recreation and Culture Services
- Schedule D – Legal Services
- Schedule E - General Fees
- Schedule F - Finance Department
- Schedule G - Emergency Services
- Special Fire Burning Permit
- Fireworks Permits (consumer)
- Fireworks Permit (Theatrical)
- Marriage Licence
- Certified Copies
- Schedule I - Water and Wastewater Services
- Schedule J - By-law Branch and Licensing
- Schedule K - Public Works
- Road Occupancy permits
- Blue Box
- Green Bin
- Schedule L - Parks and Recreation
- Facility Room Rentals (includes: recreations centres, arenas, picnic shelters, outdoor sports fields
- Recreation program costs
For building permit fees, please see the following page.
For development charges, please see the following page.