Consolidated Official Plan Review and Update
Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) Approved Official Plan
The Town of East Gwillimbury’s Official Plan was adopted by Town Council on June 28, 2010. Following adoption, the Plan was submitted to the Regional Municipality of York for approval. Prior to Regional approval, the Official Plan was appealed to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) under Section 17(40) of the Planning Act. This section of the Act allows any person or public body to appeal to the OMB, where the approval authority (in this case the Region of York) fails to give notice of a decision within 180 days of receipt of the Official Plan.
The majority of the Town of East Gwillimbury Official Plan (2010) has approved by the OMB effective March 27, 2013, July 18, 2013, October 4, 2013, March 5, 2014, April 28, 2014, May 28, 2014 and July 17, 2014.
This Official Plan package contains:
- OMB Order dated March 27, 2013
- Amending OMB Order dated April 23, 2013
- OMB Order dated July 18, 2013
- OMB Order dated October 4, 2013
- OMB Order dated March 5, 2014
- OMB Order dated April 28, 2014
- OMB Order dated May 28, 2014
- OMB Order dated July 17, 2014
The Modified Town of East Gwillimbury Official Plan – 2010
July 17, 2014 Office Consolidation
Note: Where sections/policies are highlighted in yellow, this indicates that these policies remain under appeal and are not currently in effect. Where sections/policies of this Plan are not in effect, portions of the Town’s existing plans, as outlined below, still apply:
- Rural Official Plan #95, as amended by the Oak Ridges Moraine conformity Amendment #116
- Holland Landing/River Drive Park (OPA #60) as amended
- Queensville (OPA’s #89 and #115) as amended
- Sharon (OPA #122) as amended
- Mount Albert (OPA #72) as amended
- Green Lane West (OPA #110) as amended.
This package is for information purposes only. Please note that OMB exhibits and decisions and the approved copy of the Official Plan may be required for legal purposes and can be obtained from the Development Services Department at the Town Office located at 19000 Leslie Street in Sharon.
Council Adopted Official Plan (June 2010)
At a special meeting on Monday, June 28th, East Gwillimbury Council adopted the Town’s Consolidated Official Plan providing a framework for growth to 2031. The plan pulls together the results of more than 10 master plans and background studies, conforms to provincial planning documents, and was subject to an extensive consultation process involving the public and a wide range of community groups and stakeholders.