The Town offers Civil Marriage Ceremonies for couples wishing to have a non-religious marriage ceremony. Ceremonies are performed most Fridays between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Civic Centre, 19000 Leslie Street, Sharon.
Both parties are required to attend a pre-ceremony consultation with Town staff; your Marriage Licence Application may also be processed at this appointment.
To book your pre-ceremony consultation or for more information contact Gillian Angus-Traill at 905-478-4283 Ext. 1240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the pre-ceremony consultation you must bring:
1. Payment for the Civil Marriage Ceremony of $257.00 plus HST ($290.41) payable by cash, cheque, bank draft, money order, credit card or debit card
2. A valid Ontario Marriage Licence, which you can apply for during the same appointment
3. Current photo identification
4. A completed Civil Marriage Questionnaire
5. Your choice of one of our three Civil Marriage Scripts; modification to the script may be discussed during the consultation.
The Town of East Gwillimbury
19000 Leslie Street
Sharon, ON L0G 1V0
Accessible EG | Contact Us
East Gwillimbury Chamber of Commerce