Read about the different ways you can help ensure your home or business is kept safe by being prepared for any emergency and knowing what to do. Check out the following tips for keeping you and your loved ones safe.
• Install smoke alarms on every storey and outside all sleeping areas of your home. It’s the law!
• Develop a home fire escape plan that takes into account the unique configuration of your home.
• Identify who will help young children, older adults or anyone else that, due to cognitive or physical limitations, may require assistance to escape.
• If a fire occurs in your home and you are unable to escape, close the doors of the room you are in to prevent the spread of fire and smoke.
• If trapped or unable to escape, call 9-1-1 and tell the dispatcher where you are.
The Town of East Gwillimbury
19000 Leslie Street
Sharon, ON L0G 1V0
Accessible EG | Contact Us
East Gwillimbury Chamber of Commerce