The Town of East Gwillimbury Parking Division services the entire Town. Parking Services are provided to help ensure the safety of our residents and visitors. There is a 3 hour maximum parking limit on all streets within the Town (unless) otherwise posted. Please be advised that this is a year round restriction and may be enforced day or night.
The East Gwillimbury Parking Tag Facilitation division commenced in 1999 to address the needs of individuals who wish to obtain information, contest their parking ticket, or request a trial through the Provincial Court. Facilitations are conducted as requested. With respect to parking facilitations, an appointment is needed and this can be done by contacting the By-law department at 905-478-4282 ext. 1247.
Please note that it is an offence to park so as to interfere with snow removal.
Winter Safety Tips
To promote winter safety and provide effective snow clearing and removal of ice and snow from Town streets we would like to remind residents of the following:
- Do not push snow from your driveway onto the street or across the street onto other properties.
- Do not place or deposit snow or ice in a ditch or in a manner to obstruct a culvert or other drainage outlets as per the Encumbrancing By-law 96-31.
- Depositing snow or ice on the street may create hazardous street conditions which could possibly result in a traffic accident.
- If you live on a corner property and the driveway is close to the corner, there is good chance that snow build up on your driveway will be more than your neighbours due to turning operations of the snow plow, this is unavoidable.
- Remember keeping parked cars off the street will speed up snow removal and increase community safety as per the Parking By-law 2003-24 (as amended).
- Do not block a fire hydrant with snow.