New Boulevard By-Law
The Town has passed a new by-law to regulate the construction, maintenance and protection of boulevards within the Town. The by-law outlines acceptable planting/landscaping and locations that can be used on municipal boulevards. The new by-law does not regulate the re-paving/repair of driveways, however, if you wish to widen your driveway you must contact the Town.
Generally, the proposed Boulevard By-Law allows the following:
- Planting of herbaceous plant materials that do not exceed a height of 45 centimetres or impair drainage
- Place objects or install landscaping features less than 20 cm in height from .6 meters from the sidewalk to 1.8 meters from the roadway/curb
- Replacement of a driveway surface with concrete, asphalt or unit pavers provided the driveway is not being widened.
Generally, the proposed Boulevard By-law is intended to restrict the following:
- Planting materials other than herbaceous plants such as grains and vegetables on the boulevard
- Placement of objects within 0.6 meters of the sidewalk
- Placement of objects that restrict sight lines of pedestrians, cyclists or drivers of vehicles to intersections, driveways, sidewalks, travel lanes, or traffic control devices
- Anything that inhibits or obstructs snow removal operations.
- Anything that may cause damage/injury to a person or thing;
- Inhibits or obstructs snow removal.